4 Apr 2011

Chocolate Oat Balls


Sometimes the simple is best. And this applies well to these chocolate oat balls which are ready in no time and enjoyed by both, kids and adults. Not to mention that they look lovely on the table aslo. You can regulate the flavors by adding extracts of your choice and roll them in whatever garnish you like; coconut, pearl sugar, chopped almonds or other nuts are a few to mention.




Chocolate balls takes me back to my childhood when my mom used to make these with puffed rice and I just loved them. I also experimented a lot with these in my teenages since they were so easy to make.


Usually everyone got the main ingredients at home and I do not think there are many homes that are known for running out of oatmeal really. All you got to do is to ix and add and mix again for then to roll them out to even sized balls and roll them in garnishing of choice.


There are a variation of recipes on chocolate oat balls, but all of them takes base in the same ingredients. This recipe was taken from a swedish baking book which I ordered over the net called "Sju sorters kakor" which means "Seven sorts of cakes".


I do not make these too often as I am more interested in baking cakes and yeasted stuff. But I guess a late evening, almost tea-time and no goodies in the drawers and cupboards makes it obvious. Make a lot of them when you first have put your hands in it, they go fast!


These tasted like cappucino balls with the coffee added to it. And I enjoyed them alot with my cup of tea. But today I had some bought walnut baklava with a cup of coffee and oh, how much I love baklava <3





Makes about 30

I n g r e d i e n t s


100 g butter or margarine
1 dl sugar
1 tbsp vanilla sugar
2-3 tbsp cocoa powder
3-4 dl oatmeal
3-4 tbsp coffee, cold


1 dl garnish (shredded coconut, chopped nuts, pearl sugar, chocolate)


1. Beat butter, sugar and vanilla sugar until fluffy and pale in color
2. Add the cocoa powder
3. Add the oatmeal and coffee
4. Mix until all ingredients are blended well
5. Form to small equal sized balls (about 3 cm) and roll them in
garnish of choice
6. Keep them cool in the fridge

No comments:

Post a Comment