22 Oct 2010

Luxury Apple Cake with Marzipan


My neighbour girl asked me to bake an big apple cake today as they were expecting a lot of guests. About 30 people! (I hope this cake was enough, I doubled the recipe) And as I am always ready for baking anytime, she brought me the ingredients I needed and I used an exclusive recipe that I found in the same old book which I always talks so good about. This recipe is really delicious and gives a really moist, soft and light cake. For a more luxury cake I love to add grated marzipan to the cake right before I put on the sugar and cinnamon coated apples. The marzipan brings this apple cake to the perfectness.


Since I had to give the cake to my neighbour girl as it was, I could not cut it to show the texture and softness of this cake. A piece of this freshly baked luxury apple cake along with a spoonful of ice cream, whipped cream or vanilla sauce is heavenly!
The recipe for this lovely apple cake has been posted before here, long time back, actually just over 2 years ago and the marzipan is not added there. What you do if you would like the luxury version of this cake is to sprinkle about 50 g grated marzipan all over the cake right before you put on the apples. Make sure the apples cover the marzipan or else it will get dry and loose the moistness. 


Recipe, Delicious Apple Cake

No comments:

Post a Comment