21 Oct 2010

Toblerone Cupcakes



I do not like baking cupcakes. And there is a reason for that, which is that umm, I am not pretty good at baking them. I have tried different recipes through the years, but I just can not get them right. It is the same old result, right in the middle of the tree; not bad, not the best, but good in taste and fully edible. My little sister always ask me to bake chocolate chip cup cakes and I am always like "nooo, not cupcakes! Anything else". So everytime I actually bakes cupcakes now, I try a different recipe everytime to see if there is something wrong with me or the cupcake recipes.
                              



So, today as I was craving for something sweet for my evening tea I decided to make cupcakes. They are easy to make and they are ready in few minutes, the two only plus reasons for cupcakes in my book. My sister bought cupcake forms that were really high on the sides and with a stronger quality and her cupcake turned really delicious, even the texture was perfect. So maybe I should invest in some good cupcake forms to check the difference  next time. 
I tried to bake american chocolate muffins and they turned out great both in taste and texture, but I guess there is a difference in cupcakes and muffins. Actually I can remember the first time I tried this chocolate chip cupcakes recipe from Foodbeam, they turned out just as store-bought. Everyone told me that! But the next times I tried to bake them again, I never got the same perfect result.




This recipe I used today is from an old recipe booklet, the small ones that used to follow the home magazine back in time. My mom told me this recipe is quite good so this is the second time I tried it today. Last time I was lucky enough to mess with the recipe as I totally misunderstood what it said. This time I followed it right and I added som crushed toblerone chocolate in half of the cupcakes and in the rest half I did put sugar and cinnamon coated apple bites and some grated marzipan. The apple ones turned out really moist and soft and had a great taste while the toblerone ones were a bit dryer in texture, but they tasted good.



I would be really thankful if anyone out there has a great cupcakes recipe which is perfect would share it!


Makes about 20 small cupcakes
calories each cupcake ~ 130

I n g r e d i e n t s

100 g butter or margarine, melted
1 1/2 dl sugar
2 egg (room temp.)
2 1/2 dl all-purpose flour
1 ts baking powder
1/2 dl heavy cream (or milk)

Filling

Add whatever you like: jams, chocolate chips, apples, fruits, nuts etc.

1. In a large bowl, add sugar and pour melted butter
2. Stir or whisk for a few minutes until pale in color
3. Add the eggs, one at a time and whip heavily between each egg
4. Sift together flour and baking powder, fold in 
5. Add the cream and stir until just combined
6. Mix in filling of your choice or add them after dividing the batter in cupcake forms
7. Fill the cupcake forms about 1/3 full and add filling now if you want

Bake in a moderately hot oven at 175C for about 12-15 minutes in the middle in oven until slightly golden brown, pierce to check if the pin comes out dry they are ready

No comments:

Post a Comment