27 Mar 2011

I Love Brownies


I have expressed my love for brownies in my previous posts about brownies and brownie-like cake. And I do not think I need to mention how much I love the batter of brownies and literally lick the pot with my tongue until the bowl looks like it has been washed with vanish! So yesterday I tried another new recipe of brownies which is adapted from a website called Bakeri; means bakery in norwegian and the recipe is invented by a young confectioner.

 


I do have brownies recipe which I am really satisfied with, but I kind of think you never know if yours is the best if you do not try others. So I decided to give this recipe a go, which basically takes base in the same ingredients, only the mixing method is different. The batter tasted as same as the brownies batter I am used to. The difference was that the butter was mixed in first this time with sugar and egg was added little by little for then to add flour. And this recipe called for baking powder.




When I took the brownies tray out of the oven it was like raised up a lot and the inside was fudgy-like. After a few minutes the brownies started to sink down to their actual form. These brownies were more of muddy in texture than chewy. And they actually tasted the same as the usual brownies I make; Lovely!
 I added some raw cashew nuts which developed an amazing taste being in oven for about half an hour. The funny thing is that there has been a long time I have tried to make brownies with real chocolate and wonder if they would taste even more amazing? Cocoa powder brownies are easy to make because cocoa powder is something that is available all the time, while the case with chocolate is not the same.



Makes about 16 Brownie-bites

I n g r e d i e n t s

100 g butter
230 g sugar
30 g cocoa powder
2 egg
70 g all-purpose flour
3/4 tsp baking powder
1,5 tsp vanilla powder or essense


Grease an baking tray about 20 x 25 cm or use baking paper

1. Melt the butter and mix it with sugar and cocoa powder
2. Add egg little by little and stir until you get a smooth batter
3. Combine flour with baking powder and vanilla powder and sieve in the batter, mix
4. Pour in prepared tray

Bake on the middle of oven in a pre-heated oven at 175C for about 25-30 minutes

Serve plain or with vanilla ice crea, whipped cream or thick yoghurt!

No comments:

Post a Comment