4 Mar 2011

Real American Brownies


When you really want to treat yourself with something chocolicious, it got to be brownies. Some real fudgy and chewy american brownies! And I do not think there is anything that would be easier to make than some brownies, because they make themselves within half our only. And yes, preparing time is included (if you are fast you can even get finished in 20 minutes!), 5-10 minutes for preparing and 15-20 minutes in the oven. They are so simple to make and are done in two steps only.
Before Christmas holidays I literally baked brownies every single day and they would go with the wind.



What I love the most about brownies is the batter. Maybe even more than baked brownies. Yes, you heard it right. I can not think of a more delicious batter than brownies, well carrot cake batter is pretty good too. I seriously lick the pot with tongue each time and that is the part I love the most while making these goodies. I stand in the kitchen with the bowl on my hand and chocolate all over my mouth, licking like a little kid who has no worries. But this moment lasts only till the bowl is licked ultra clean.
The next best part about making brownies is when they gets out of the oven and have to be cut in pieces. I think I eat half of the brownies while cutting. And the few bites that are left are gone in a second; which means "first come, first served!". The first person to get their eyes on the plate of brownies literally eats all of them in two minutes and later on rest of the people are like "where are the brownies?". Guess how many gets mad on the answer. The wise thing to do is to make a large tray of brownies while you are at it and I really do recommend to double the recipe!



The best thing with this recipe, which I actually found on google on a norwegian website while I was searching for "real american brownies" is that it does not require any hard chocolate. Wonder how many times I have got irritated on all the brownies recipes which calls for chocolate. Seriously, the few times I have chocolate for baking at home is when I buy it thinking I would need and then I just use it on some random stuff. And every time I would need it for brownies, I never have it! So I am so glad this recipe makes it with cocoa powder only.
The texture is perfect, they comes out fudgy, gooey and very choclatey! If you want them more fudgy, you may add a little less flour and if you want them more chewy, you can add a little more flour. Last time I made them, I wanted to try them with some hot fudge sauce and looked for a recipe on google. The sauce came out amazing, I could compare it to the chocolate sauce you get in sundae from Mc Donalds. And guess if I enjoyed my brownies with hot fudge sauce and whipped cream? Actually I wanted ice cream, but did not have at that time, so cream was a good compensation.



I n g r e d i e n t s


2 egg
2,6 dl sugar
1,5 dl all-purpose flour
3 tbsp cocoa powder
1 tsp vanilla powder
100 g butter, melted
Add nuts, fruits, etc. by choice

Grease an baking tray 20 x 20 cm (baking sheet is recommended)

1. Whisk egg and sugar using a whisk by hand (20 seconds)
2. Add flour, cocoa powder, vanilla sugar and melted butter (mix for 30 seconds with a whisk)
3. (Mix in nuts etc.) Pour in prepared tray


Bake at 175C for about 15-25 minutes at the lowest rack. (Time varies from oven to oven, so you might start checking them after 15 minutes)

Sieve icing sugar on the chilled brownies if you like



Chocolate Fudge Sauce


2,4 dl milk
2 tbsp butter
2,4 dl sugar
1-2 tbsp cocoa powder
2 tsp vanilla sugar
2 tbsp all-purpose flour (optional)


1. Combine milk and butter in a saucepan and let the butter melt on medium heat stirring occassionaly
2. Add sugar, cocoa powder, vanilla sugar and flour and let it come to a boil while stirring constantly, let bowl for about 5-10 minutes, still stirring constantly until it thickens
3. Add in a bowl and let cool or use hot
4. Store in an air-tight container in refrigerator (warm it up or use it cold)

No comments:

Post a Comment